Saturday, March 28, 2020

We are in this together

22nd March 2020

We are in this together.

We didn’t ask for it but here it is and we have to deal with it.

I see nurses falling from exhaustion and doctors crying in frustration.

I see calls by constables and my King falling on deaf ears.

I see small traders close shop and worry about the next month’s bill.

I see shows cancelled and artists suffer in silence.

I see bigots attempting to interpret the situation to suit their dogma.

But I also see a silver lining.

I see workers sweep the road and bikers deliver food, not just to make a living but to keep the system going.

I see security forces keeping calm and keeping peace.

I see families having meals together.

I see fathers playing with their kids and mothers cooking lunch. 

This too shall pass one day. 

And we will be left with only memories. Some won’t be so lucky, through no fault of their own. 

How we deal with this today will be recorded in our memories and in history. Let’s do this right and do our part.

We are in this together. We can only win this together.


No comments: